Specialising in AAA PC and console games development, Red Kite has a proven track record in the creation of cutting-edge games across varying genres.
Having set up home in the beautiful Grade-II listed Park Row House in Leeds city centre, Red Kite continues to develop top-quality games for multiple world-class publishing partners such as Sony, Microsoft, Activision, 2K, SEGA, Warner Bros., Epic, 505, Rare, Rocksteady, Codemasters, Sharkmob, Mediatonic and Remedy.
Several titles include Exoborne, Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League, Hogwarts Legacy, Fall Guys, Mafia: Definitive Edition, Mafia III: Definitive Edition, Control Ultimate Edition, Two Point Hospital, Knockout City, Battletoads, Crackdown 3, Payday 2, Team Sonic Racing, DiRT 4 and God of War III: Remastered.
It is a very exciting time to join Red Kite; not only are we working on multiple high-profile games, we are also developing our own IP. Here is what we can tell you about, we are:
• Partnered with Sharkmob on the upcoming tactical open world extraction shooter, Exoborne
• Continuing to support Warner Bros. on multiple titles
• Collaborating with Mediatonic working on the smash-hit, Fall Guys
• Working on 2 high-profile AAA 1st person shooters in UE5
• Developing Red Kite’s first original game
One of the most interesting aspects to working at Red Kite is the diversity of projects present within the studio and we constantly find ourselves pushing the boundaries when it comes to the gameplay that we are creating and the technologies that we are engineering.
Red Kite are working on a variety of exciting open world AAA games and has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced graphics programmer to strengthen and shape one of our teams.
In this role you’ll be instrumental in the development and maintenance of high performance and feature rich graphics pipelines, in collaboration with our multi-disciplined development teams.
Your knowledge and expertise will also be invaluable in supporting projects across a multitude of platforms, genres and game areas.
In your new role you will:
- Work on a wide variety of projects and tasks, contributing to the development of bespoke graphics systems
- Devise innovative solutions to overcome platform constraints
- Follow best practices, development processes, documentation and coding standards
- Mentor less experienced people, sharing knowledge and best practices with the team
- Assist in planning your work and the work of others
- Want to work in-studio alongside a very social and close-knit team
To be successful you will have:
- Shipped multiple titles with at least one AAA game in a key position
- Delivered at least one title in DX12 or Vulkan
- Excellent C++ programming skills
- Excellent 3D math and problem-solving skills
- Excellent working knowledge of shaders
- A deep knowledge of GPU architecture and contemporary graphics techniques
- Knowledge of profiling tools (e.g. PIX, VTune, etc.)
- A passion for graphics, games and game technology
Experience in any of these areas may be advantageous but not essential:
- Prior console development experience
- Adoption of efficient development methodologies (e.g. continuous integration, automated testing, tools pipelines, etc.)
Red Kite is located in central Leeds, a major UK city connected to London by rapid rail links and the M1 motorway – plus the rest of the world via Leeds Bradford airport. It's home to some of the best restaurants, bars and museums in the North of England, and is within easy reach of spectacular countryside (the Yorkshire Moors and Bronte Country), historical York and the Yorkshire East coast (you should definitely check out Whitby and Runswick Bay).
We offer a superb flexible benefits package – which includes but is not limited to:
• Flexitime – Including work from home on Fridays and early finish Fridays
• Industry leading 35 hours per week
• Defined Annual Bonus scheme
• Generous holiday allowance – Including your birthday, Duvet Days and Christmas Eve
• 5 x Learning & Development Days per year
• Employee Assistance Programme – Including health, mental health and wellbeing support
• Enhanced Maternity/Paternity and Adoption pay
• Life Assurance, Income Protection, Critical Illness Cover and Dental Insurance
• Relocation Support and Visa Sponsorship
Nurturing Red Kite's studio culture is at the heart of everything we do, which has been recognised by the following awards:
• GI.biz – Best Places to Work
• Best Companies – A World Class, 3 Star place to work
• TIGA STAR Award for excellence
Red Kite is a social studio – the team regularly gather for socials, game nights, film nights, to play sports and much more – making this a great place to build a career whilst making friends...and let us not forget Red Kite's legendary Summer BBQ and our epic Christmas party!
Red Kite's studio is relaxed and friendly. Every team member has the opportunity to shine and we pride ourselves on providing a positive social atmosphere, facilitated by shared interest groups, wide-ranging clubs and charity fundraising events. Red Kite are proud supporters of the gaming charity SpecialEffect.
Red Kite works closely with our employee diversity group, PRISM, which exists to promote diversity, inclusion, equity, equality and wellbeing across the studio. We continue to work to improve diversity in our recruitment and promotion processes, and actively encourage people from marginalised groups to consider a career in the games industry.
Come join the team, build a rewarding career, and help to make great games with a lovely bunch of talented people!