The Website is operated by Sumo Digital Ltd (we, us, our) a company incorporated in England & Wales with company number 04703224 and registered office at 32 Jessops Riverside, Brightside Lane, Sheffield, S9 2RX, UK. We are the “data controller” (i.e. the company which decides the means and purpose for the processing of your personal data) for the purpose of applicable data protection law.
1. How we use your personal data
If you contact us about our services, the forms you complete or the emails you send may include information about you, such as your name as the contact point for an organisation, your email address, the organisation’s address and your enquiry. We use this information to respond to your enquiries.
· In line with the legitimate interest we have in promoting our business, we will process your enquiries to provide you with information about the services we offer.
· This might include replying to your enquiry. We may also process enquiries to take steps you ask of us with a view to entering into an agreement to provide you with our services.
· You are under no obligation to provide us with any details, but if you don’t provide all relevant information, we may not be able to help.
|How you use our website (Analytics)
· We process this information to understand how visitors use our website and to compile statistical reports regarding that activity (for example, your IP address is used to approximate the country from which you access our website, and we aggregate this information together so we know that, for example, most of the visitors to our website come from England).
· This processing is necessary for us to pursue our legitimate interests in improving our website, and providing a better service and source of information to visitors. This information is not used to develop a personal profile of you. All such information is aggregated and stored anonymously.
We may receive the above data about you from Google, Inc. (based outside the EU) through their Google Analytics platform. Please refer to section 9 below for further information.
|All content you submit to us
If you send us objectionable content or otherwise behave in a disruptive manner when using our Website, we may process personal data included in your messages to respond to and stop such behaviour.
· We only process personal data in this way for the legitimate interests of our business and under any legal obligation to ensure that use of our Website is lawful, does not its disrupt the operation of our services, does not harass our staff or other individuals, and to enforce our legal rights and to comply with our legal obligations.
· Where we reasonably believe you are or may be in breach of the law (for instance, because content you send amounts to harassment or is defamatory), we may use your personal information to inform relevant third parties such as your email/internet provider or law enforcement agencies about the content.
· Where we process personal data in this way, we will hold that personal information on our systems for as long as is reasonably necessary to achieve these objectives.
2. Do we share your personal information with anyone else?
In addition, we may disclose your information to the extent that we are required to do so by law (which may include to government bodies and law enforcement agencies); in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings; and to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention).
If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our business or assets, the information we hold may be included as part of that sale, in which case you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on the Website of any changes in ownership or use of your information, and any choices you may have regarding that information.
Except as provided above, we will not provide your information to third parties.
3. Your rights in relation to personal data which we process relating to you
You have the following rights over the way we process personal data relating to you. We aim to comply without undue delay, and within one month at the latest:
Please send your requests to email@example.com.
We do not use the Website to knowingly solicit data from or market to children under the age of 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without their consent, he or she should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will delete such information within a reasonable time.
We will take all reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
This policy may be updated from time to time. We will notify you of any changes by posting the new policy here and, where feasible, by letting you know by email.
7. International Data Transfers
We have an agreement in place with Google, Inc. which includes standard data protection clauses adopted by a data protection regulator and approved by the European Commission to ensure that appropriate safeguards are in place to protect your personal data. If you would like to find out more about these safeguards, please let us know by writing to email@example.com.
8. Retention Periods
To find out more about Google Analytics and to learn how to opt out, please visit:
When you visit our Website, these analytics service providers may collect the following data, which will almost always be anonymised and aggregated before reporting back to us:
We process this information to understand how visitors use our Website and to compile statistical reports regarding that activity. This processing is crucial to the running of our online business. This information is not used to develop a personal profile of you.