Welcome to Timbre!
We are Timbre Games (part of the Sumo Digital Group), a new studio in Vancouver, Canada focused on making exciting, innovative game experiences. Timbre’s vision is to change the games industry through the original games we make, as well as how we make them. We’re building an inclusive, supportive culture that allows us to explore fresh, new (and sometimes weird) ideas. We’re searching for more visionary explorers to join our team of diverse voices, coming together to develop games that are accessible to a wide audience.
If you’re thinking about your next adventure, send us your resume to talk to our team about how you can add your voice to the games we’re working on.
Design at Timbre Games
A great Timbre Designer strives to be curious, humble, authentic and adaptable. Great ideas come from everywhere, and we have the exciting opportunity to harness the power of collaboration to create something truly special.
At Timbre, designers are here to build a cohesive vision using inclusive practices and help create clarity for our team around what the game experience aspires to be.
We are the voice of our players and the heart of the game. Constantly learning as we go, we use our skills and lean on those around us to shape quality experiences that capture our audience's imagination.
Together, alongside the rest of our talented team, we create confidence in Timbre's vision of building diverse, meaningful AAA games using the latest software technologies.
As the Technical Level Designer, you’ll be working closely with our Level Design leadership, exploring and implementing some of our most accessible in-level content. You marry strong visual scripting skills in Unreal Engine 5 with a player-first design philosophy, and that enables you to craft deep, enriching experiences for our family-friendly title. Working closely with our diverse team of Designers, Engineers and Artists, your talents and contributions will help bring the worlds we create to life!
As a Technical Level Designer at Timbre, you’ll:
- Experiment, iterate and implement a variety of encounters in-level, using procedural content and objective design
- Dive deep into Unreal Engine 5, prototyping, scripting and advocating for a design focus on accessibility and inclusion over complexity
- Partner with Level Design to implement technical systems into the game, adhering to the scripting guidelines at Timbre
- Clearly document your prototypes and collaborate with the Engineering team to turn Blueprint into code
- Work with a cross-discipline team to help resolve design bugs, scope work and improve tools and pipelines
What you bring:
- Strong knowledge of Unreal Engine, including visual scripting with Blueprints
- Production experience in the game industry on a PC/Console title
- An understanding of procedural and systemic game design
- A collaborative and open approach to communication: you are experienced in delivering clear, concise and solution-focused messages, that are easily understood by a cross-discipline team
- A passion for pursuing fun through the creation and playing of games!
What you'll gain:
Timbre aims to foster a workplace environment that empowers our team to do their best creative work. Below are a list of some of the benefits we offer to ensure you reach your full potential. As we continue to grow, we are co-creating more values-driven benefits to support our team.
• Competitive salary & comprehensive health benefits, including extended health, dental, vision, life and AD&D insurance, short / long-term disability, 24/7 counselling through an employee assistance program and a health spending account available to you from your first day
• Annual bonus & up to 5% RRSP matching available to you from your first day
• Flexible paid time off, plus holiday closure between Christmas and New Years, as well as National Day for Truth and Reconciliation
• Work with us in Vancouver or remotely across Canada, utilizing our $500 work from home allowance
• Yearly access to a game subscription of your choice, renewed on your work anniversary each year!
• My Pathway - a Career Development Program to provide a clear path for you to grow at Timbre
• 8 learning days per year and unlimited access to Udemy online courses
• A values driven culture with direct access to leadership
Timbre’s Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Timbre Games is located in beautiful Vancouver, BC, Canada and on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territories of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and Sel̓íl̓witulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations. Although our roots are in Vancouver, we work with a remote, distributed team across Canada. If you are interested in an opportunity at Timbre Games but are not presently residing in Canada, please note that we may be able to offer assistance in immigrating / relocating under the right conditions.
Timbre Games is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran’s status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation or any other category protected by law. We celebrate all backgrounds and attributes that make us unique and amazing - in this world and the ones we create!
At Timbre, we try to be mindful and not set unrealistic requirement expectations in order to apply. If you don’t tick all of the boxes of the role that you’re excited about, we encourage you to send your resume to our General Application inbox on our careers page
, or, follow Timbre on LinkedIn
to stay in touch with our newest openings.
Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If what we’ve shared above resonates with you, connect with us today!