Welcome to Timbre!
We are Timbre Games (part of the Sumo Digital Group), a new studio in Vancouver, Canada focused on making exciting, innovative game experiences. Timbre’s vision is to change the games industry through the original games we make, as well as how we make them. We’re building an inclusive, supportive culture that allows us to explore fresh, new (and sometimes weird) ideas. We’re searching for more visionary explorers to join our team of diverse voices, coming together to develop games that are accessible to a wide audience.
If you’re thinking about your next adventure, send us your resume to talk to our team about how you can add your voice to the games we’re working on.
Production at Timbre Games
Producers at Timbre are the team stewards, creating processes and structure that foster innovation while having fun, drawing on their organizational leadership skills. Through their stewardship of our Agile production processes and rituals they create an empowered, highly accountable and collaborative team culture guiding our teams through the project’s life cycle. They are champions of the development process and planning tools and are able to confidently guide the team through sprints and milestones while removing impediments to the teams’ success.
Timbre’s Studio Production Director comprehends that creativity flourishes in an collaborative and inclusive workspace, and maintains the development of a positive Production culture at Timbre. They are highly resourceful and passionately tackle complex issues of our game development processes, project goals, bottlenecks, budgets and staffing, and assist our Project Directors to build an effective Agile framework. Their deep knowledge of game development empowers them to educate and recommend solutions at the leadership level, coaching our team towards best practices.
As a Studio Production Director at Timbre, you will:
- Lead, coach and guide the Production discipline at Timbre, working with the Studio Director on short and long term production development strategies
- Regularly evaluate current development practices and planning/communication tool sets across projects, aligning project delivery to studio long-term and immediate strategies, improve collaboration, and alleviate potential studio-level bottlenecks
- Lead the Senior Production team of each project to create and iterate on a consistent yet customized game development framework, ensuring a smooth progression through all phases of our projects
- Review and provide feedback on project staffing plans and project roadmaps to justify a scalable use and distribution of budget and team members to make quick adjustments, raise risks and circumvent potential issues
- Build Production plans and budgets for new projects in order to pitch, request funding, as well as contribute to the studio budget management process
- Own project review cycles in partnership with Studio Design and Tech Directors through development gates, aligning the Executive team and stakeholders on project progress
- Work and collaborate with our partners in Sumo Project Management to leverage resources
- Connect the studio production team to opportunities to advance and develop their skills by hiring experts or establish training where needed
- Drive clarity and facilitation of cross discipline communication in a remote/hybrid team working across multiple time zones
- As one of our senior directors, own and demonstrate Timbre’s values in your day to day interactions
What you bring:
- 10+ years of experience as a video game Production Leader with deep knowledge of the production discipline in video games
- A thorough comprehension of all disciplines and individual roles, phases of the development cycle, and how to adjust the classic Agile framework for the best results in the video game industry
- Knowledge of how to best leverage internal and external resources and in which scenarios to utilize them
- Skilled when analyzing and distributing budgets across multiple projects and departments
- Empathetic and inclusive guide and mentor with a passion for building diverse teams
- Expertise with game development project software and Excel with a willingness to learn and integrate new tools and technologies
You may also bring:
- Proven senior level production influence and oversight for a studio or project that has successfully shipped a AAA game
What you'll gain:
Timbre aims to foster a workplace environment that empowers our team to do their best creative work. Below are a list of some of the benefits we offer to ensure you reach your full potential. As we continue to grow, we are co-creating more values-driven benefits to support our team.
• Competitive salary & comprehensive health benefits, including extended health, dental, vision, life and AD&D insurance, short / long-term disability, 24/7 counselling through an employee assistance program and a health spending account available to you from your first day
• Annual bonus & up to 5% RRSP matching available to you from your first day
• Flexible paid time off, plus holiday closure between Christmas and New Years, as well as National Day for Truth and Reconciliation
• Work with us in Vancouver or remotely across Canada, utilizing our $500 work from home allowance
• Yearly access to a game subscription of your choice, renewed on your work anniversary each year!
• My Pathway - a Career Development Program to provide a clear path for you to grow at Timbre
• 8 learning days per year and unlimited access to Udemy online courses
• A values driven culture with direct access to leadership
Timbre’s Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Timbre Games is located in beautiful Vancouver, BC, Canada and on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territories of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and Sel̓íl̓witulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations. Although our roots are in Vancouver, we work with a remote, distributed team across Canada. If you are interested in an opportunity at Timbre Games but are not presently residing in Canada, please note that we may be able to offer assistance in immigrating / relocating under the right conditions.
Timbre Games is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran’s status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation or any other category protected by law. We celebrate all backgrounds and attributes that make us unique and amazing - in this world and the ones we create!
At Timbre, we try to be mindful and not set unrealistic requirement expectations in order to apply. If you don’t tick all of the boxes of the role that you’re excited about, we encourage you to send your resume to our General Application inbox on our careers page
, or, follow Timbre on LinkedIn
to stay in touch with our newest openings.
Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If what we’ve shared above resonates with you, connect with us today!