Welcome to Timbre!
We are Timbre Games (part of the Sumo Digital Group), a new studio in Vancouver, Canada focused on making exciting, innovative game experiences. Timbre’s vision is to change the games industry through the original games we make, as well as how we make them. We’re building an inclusive, supportive culture that allows us to explore fresh, new (and sometimes weird) ideas. We’re searching for more visionary explorers to join our team of diverse voices, coming together to develop games that are accessible to a wide audience.
If you’re thinking about your next adventure, send us your resume to talk to our team about how you can add your voice to the games we’re working on.
Production at Timbre Games
Producers at Timbre are the team stewards, creating processes and structure that foster innovation while having fun, drawing on their organizational leadership skills. Through their stewardship of our Agile production processes and rituals they create an empowered, highly accountable and collaborative team culture guiding our teams through the project’s life cycle. They are champions of the development process and planning tools and are able to confidently guide the team through sprints and milestones while removing impediments to the teams’ success.
You'll be joining our first project in pre-production, being a key piece of the puzzle to take this game through to launch!
As a Senior Technical Producer at Timbre, you will:
- Be a key support to the project Lead Producer, allowing them to focus on project development strategy and publisher relationships
- You will partner with Product Stewards and Technical Leads, working with hybrid cross-discipline teams fostering collaboration through our development processes and framework
- Work collaboratively with all our technical teams (Gameplay, Tooling, Infrastructure, etc) and their key stake holders
- Maintain a close connection with all other disciplines in development to understand their needs, gather requirements in order to create clear action items for the Engineering team
- Foster a coaching culture by guiding the team through challenges helping them to deliver on the creative and technical vision
- Help with staffing planning efforts by identifying the work ahead in the roadmap and the potential gaps in our technical teams to achieve those goals
- Partner with recruitment on inclusive hiring, helping the project leads and directors to build a diverse team that will execute on the projects creative and technical vision
- Playtest and give feedback on the game with an eye for quality and player experience
- Become an expert and devise best practices in Favro, our collaborative planning tool and Notion, our team organizational hub
What you bring:
- 5+ years of experience in a production role or a combination of game development experience and at least 2+ years in a production role leading from pre-production to final on a shipped console or PC game
- Comfortable in a technical space working with technical game teams such as tools, rendering, online services or engine infrastructure. You have a strong understanding of the technical aspects of game development and be the bridge between engineering teams and other disciplines like Art and Game Design
- Agile development experience or a deep desire to learn and grow this knowledge
- A collaborative approach to communication: you are experienced in delivering clear, concise messages that are easily understood by all disciplines, as well as any external partners
- An ability to bring multiple teams together, create clarity on the project and inspire the team toward common goals
- Excellent organizational skills with a strong capability to manage multiple complex technical priorities
- Proactive risk management and tracking with a keen eye for when escalation is needed
- Experience working with external stakeholders and development teams
- Experience working with Notion, Favro and Miro, or, adaptability if you’ve worked with similar software!
What you'll gain:
Timbre aims to foster a workplace environment that empowers our team to do their best creative work. Below are a list of some of the benefits we offer to ensure you reach your full potential. As we continue to grow, we are co-creating more values-driven benefits to support our team.
• Competitive salary & comprehensive health benefits, including extended health, dental, vision, life and AD&D insurance, short / long-term disability, 24/7 counselling through an employee assistance program and a health spending account available to you from your first day
• Annual bonus & up to 5% RRSP matching available to you from your first day
• Flexible paid time off, plus holiday closure between Christmas and New Years, as well as National Day for Truth and Reconciliation
• Work with us in Vancouver or remotely across Canada, utilizing our $500 work from home allowance
• Yearly access to a game subscription of your choice, renewed on your work anniversary each year!
• My Pathway - a Career Development Program to provide a clear path for you to grow at Timbre
• 8 learning days per year and unlimited access to Udemy online courses
• A values driven culture with direct access to leadership
Timbre’s Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Timbre Games is located in beautiful Vancouver, BC, Canada and on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territories of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and Sel̓íl̓witulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations. Although our roots are in Vancouver, we work with a remote, distributed team across Canada. If you are interested in an opportunity at Timbre Games but are not presently residing in Canada, please note that we may be able to offer assistance in immigrating / relocating under the right conditions.
Timbre Games is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran’s status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation or any other category protected by law. We celebrate all backgrounds and attributes that make us unique and amazing - in this world and the ones we create!
At Timbre, we try to be mindful and not set unrealistic requirement expectations in order to apply. If you don’t tick all of the boxes of the role that you’re excited about, we encourage you to send your resume to our General Application inbox on our careers page
, or, follow Timbre on LinkedIn
to stay in touch with our newest openings.
Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If what we’ve shared above resonates with you, connect with us today!