Welcome to Timbre!
We are Timbre Games (part of the Sumo Digital Group), a new studio in Vancouver, Canada focused on making exciting, innovative game experiences. Timbre’s vision is to change the games industry through the original games we make, as well as how we make them. We’re building an inclusive, supportive culture that allows us to explore fresh, new (and sometimes weird) ideas. We’re searching for more visionary explorers to join our team of diverse voices, coming together to develop games that are accessible to a wide audience.
If you’re thinking about your next adventure, send us your resume to talk to our team about how you can add your voice to the games we’re working on.
Engineering at Timbre Games
An Engineer at Timbre games will focus on creative, innovative and technically sound work. Our engineering team is fully integrated with all areas of game development and collaborates both technically and creatively. Our studio focuses on Unreal Engine 5, pushing everything we do towards technical excellence. We are lifelong learners, leaning on both internal expertise and external inspiration to continue our path of growth and development. We have a keen eye for best practices and elegant code, and ensure knowledge sharing, and mentoring are a priority.
As a Senior Software Engineer - UI at Timbre Games, you will be at the forefront of innovation, crafting immersive user interfaces that leave a lasting impression. You'll collaborate with visionary designers and artists to bring your imagination to life, making every pixel count in Unreal Engine 5 to create breathtaking, interactive user experiences. Your role is central to innovating UI design and functionality, setting new standards in how players interact and engage with our games. You do not only drive the aesthetic and interactive aspects of game development but also mentor junior team members, significantly impacting the studio's overall creative output and success in delivering groundbreaking gaming experiences.
As a Senior Software Engineer - UI at Timbre Games, you’ll:
- Take proactive ownership over the design, development, and implementation of advanced UI systems using Unreal Engine
- Work with team members of various disciplines to review proposed features and develop those features from definition to testing, building robust UI systems and aligning UI elements with the overall game design and narrative
- Optimize UI performance and responsiveness, ensuring seamless experiences across a wide range of platforms
- Write beautiful C++ code that is clean, clear, performant, and aligns with coding best practices
- Shine as a guiding light for junior engineers, sharing your wisdom and passion for resolving UI-related puzzles, fostering a culture of innovation, collaboration, and technical excellence
What You Bring:
- You are proficient in C++ programming and have experience with Unreal Engine's API for UI integration and customization
- Expertise in Unreal Engine's UI systems, including UMG and Blueprints, with a deep understanding of their capabilities and limitations; experience with UI optimization and performance profiling tools to deliver smooth and responsive user experiences. Knowledge of Common UI is an asset.
- Proficiency in data structures and algorithms with a solid grasp of game logic and mechanics
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills, working harmoniously with cross-functional teams to align UI development with the overall project vision and goals
- Familiar with an Agile/Scrum development environment with the ability to adapt to changing project needs
- A passion for mentoring and guiding other engineering team members, sharing your technical expertise, and fostering a culture of knowledge transfer and growth
What you'll gain:
Timbre aims to foster a workplace environment that empowers our team to do their best creative work. Below are a list of some of the benefits we offer to ensure you reach your full potential. As we continue to grow, we are co-creating more values-driven benefits to support our team.
• Competitive salary & comprehensive health benefits, including extended health, dental, vision, life and AD&D insurance, short / long-term disability, 24/7 counselling through an employee assistance program and a health spending account available to you from your first day
• Annual bonus & up to 5% RRSP matching available to you from your first day
• Flexible paid time off, plus holiday closure between Christmas and New Years, as well as National Day for Truth and Reconciliation
• Work with us in Vancouver or remotely across Canada, utilizing our $500 work from home allowance
• Yearly access to a game subscription of your choice, renewed on your work anniversary each year!
• My Pathway - a Career Development Program to provide a clear path for you to grow at Timbre
• 8 learning days per year and unlimited access to Udemy online courses
• A values driven culture with direct access to leadership
Timbre’s Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Timbre Games is located in beautiful Vancouver, BC, Canada and on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territories of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and Sel̓íl̓witulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations. Although our roots are in Vancouver, we work with a remote, distributed team across Canada. If you are interested in an opportunity at Timbre Games but are not presently residing in Canada, please note that we may be able to offer assistance in immigrating / relocating under the right conditions.
Timbre Games is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran’s status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation or any other category protected by law. We celebrate all backgrounds and attributes that make us unique and amazing - in this world and the ones we create!
At Timbre, we try to be mindful and not set unrealistic requirement expectations in order to apply. If you don’t tick all of the boxes of the role that you’re excited about, we encourage you to send your resume to our General Application inbox on our careers page
, or, follow Timbre on LinkedIn
to stay in touch with our newest openings.
Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If what we’ve shared above resonates with you, connect with us today!