Welcome to Timbre!
We are Timbre Games (part of the Sumo Digital Group), a new studio in Vancouver, Canada focused on making exciting, innovative game experiences. Timbre’s vision is to change the games industry through the original games we make, as well as how we make them. We’re building an inclusive, supportive culture that allows us to explore fresh, new (and sometimes weird) ideas. We’re searching for more visionary explorers to join our team of diverse voices, coming together to develop games that are accessible to a wide audience.
If you’re thinking about your next adventure, send us your resume to talk to our team about how you can add your voice to the games we’re working on.
Art at Timbre Games
We are visionaries, sculptors, painters and landscapers of virtual worlds. Together, we breathe life into creative concepts and ideas while defining experiences and quality. We collaborate with multiple departments to establish our vision, and absolutely light up as we watch it all come together. We are utilizing advanced tools and technologies to shape our vision of building diverse and accessible AAA games.
As a Rigging Artist in our team, you will play a pivotal role in bringing the virtual worlds of our games to life, enabling characters and creatures to move and interact in realistic and engaging ways. Your expertise in rigging will not only elevate the visual and interactive quality of our games but also enhance the player's immersive experience.
Please note that for this role, we welcome applications from both intermediate- and senior-level candidates, offering a dynamic and supportive environment where diverse experiences and skill sets are valued and nurtured.
As a Rigging Artist at Timbre, you will:
- Rig and skin characters, props and vehicles while collaborating with character artists, animators and designers
- Establish animation tools, workflows, and pipelines to improve rigging efficiency
- Ensure meshes are optimal and clean while communicating any requested changes to the team
- Create rigs with controllers that are user-friendly and have functionality to improve animator workflow
- Bringing rigs from Maya to Unreal in order to test for functionality and quality
- Optimize assets to hit performance targets while iterating, or fixing bugs as necessary
- Solve complex technical challenges and provide solutions to issues that arise in the rigging process
- Communicate and collaborate with adjacent departments to develop skeletons, control rigs and secondary animations
What you Bring:
- Advanced proficiency in Maya. Strong understanding of rigging, skinning, and animation principles and workflows
- Good working knowledge of body and facial anatomy, structure, dynamics, and character motion
- Familiarity with FACS and facial rigging workflows
- Ability to create scripts to ensure rigs are standardized and can share animations
- Knowledge of Unreal sync bones, root motion, prop bones & sockets and control rigs
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, with experience working in multidisciplinary teams
What you'll gain:
Timbre aims to foster a workplace environment that empowers our team to do their best creative work. Below are a list of some of the benefits we offer to ensure you reach your full potential. As we continue to grow, we are co-creating more values-driven benefits to support our team.
• Competitive salary & comprehensive health benefits, including extended health, dental, vision, life and AD&D insurance, short / long-term disability, 24/7 counselling through an employee assistance program and a health spending account available to you from your first day
• Annual bonus & up to 5% RRSP matching available to you from your first day
• Flexible paid time off, plus holiday closure between Christmas and New Years, as well as National Day for Truth and Reconciliation
• Work with us in Vancouver or remotely across Canada, utilizing our $500 work from home allowance
• Yearly access to a game subscription of your choice, renewed on your work anniversary each year!
• My Pathway - a Career Development Program to provide a clear path for you to grow at Timbre
• 8 learning days per year and unlimited access to Udemy online courses
• A values driven culture with direct access to leadership
Timbre’s Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Timbre Games is located in beautiful Vancouver, BC, Canada and on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territories of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and Sel̓íl̓witulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations. Although our roots are in Vancouver, we work with a remote, distributed team across Canada. If you are interested in an opportunity at Timbre Games but are not presently residing in Canada, please note that we may be able to offer assistance in immigrating / relocating under the right conditions.
Timbre Games is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran’s status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation or any other category protected by law. We celebrate all backgrounds and attributes that make us unique and amazing - in this world and the ones we create!
At Timbre, we try to be mindful and not set unrealistic requirement expectations in order to apply. If you don’t tick all of the boxes of the role that you’re excited about, we encourage you to send your resume to our General Application inbox on our careers page
, or, follow Timbre on LinkedIn
to stay in touch with our newest openings.
Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If what we’ve shared above resonates with you, connect with us today!