Welcome to Timbre!
We are Timbre Games (part of the Sumo Digital Group), a new studio in Vancouver, Canada focused on making exciting, innovative game experiences. Timbre’s vision is to change the games industry through the original games we make, as well as how we make them. We’re building an inclusive, supportive culture that allows us to explore fresh, new (and sometimes weird) ideas. We’re searching for more visionary explorers to join our team of diverse voices, coming together to develop games that are accessible to a wide audience.
If you’re thinking about your next adventure, send us your resume to talk to our team about how you can add your voice to the games we’re working on.
Design at Timbre Games
A great Timbre Designer strives to be curious, humble, authentic and adaptable. Great ideas come from everywhere, and we have the exciting opportunity to harness the power of collaboration to create something truly special.
At Timbre, designers are here to build a cohesive vision using inclusive practices and help create clarity for our team around what the game experience aspires to be.
We are the voice of our players and the heart of the game. Constantly learning as we go, we use our skills and lean on those around us to shape quality experiences that capture our audience's imagination.
Together, alongside the rest of our talented team, we create confidence in Timbre's vision of building diverse, meaningful AAA games using the latest software technologies.
As a Lead UI/UX Designer at Timbre, you lead with humility in all that you do. You are an innovator and elevator of best practices, through managing UI/UX features from concept to completion, you strive to connect players through simplistic, inclusive, and intuitive design. Diving deeper into the player mindset, you are active in creative brainstorms and project discussions to champion engaging UI, both internally and to our publisher partner. Your past experiences have given you a broad understanding of all aspects of UI Art, Design, and the User Experience, and you’ll use this to coach and mentor a diverse team of UI Artists and UX Designers, helping your team around you promote best-in-studio practices for UI and UX. Utilizing all of this will help our team create a deeply connected, fun, accessible and player-first family-friendly ARPG!
As a Lead UI/UX Designer at Timbre, you’ll:
- Lead and mentor a team of skilled Artists and Designers, fostering a culture of innovation, collaboration, and technical excellence
- Wireframe key areas of our game with a focus on fun, accessibility, and player experience
- Define the UI aesthetic that aligns with the larger art direction and embraces the user experience in partnership with Art & Art Leadership
- Drive the implementation of UI as we move into Production, prototyping innovative ways to integrate UI into the project
- Iterate on the overall user experience and and art style for gameplay features, wireframes, user flows, and visual mockups, to all creative stakeholders
- Collaborate closely with Engineering, bringing assets to life in UE5 with their intended functionality
- Partner with Production team to plan UI/UX development milestones, timelines, and resource allocation
What you bring:
- Previous experience driving and/or leading UI Art and UX Design, taking a console project through to final
- Experience implementing UI within game-engine, preferably Unreal Engine and UMG UI Designer, and an ability to provide pipeline and tool support for the UI team
- A deep understanding of visual communication: graphic design, composition, layout, and an ability to clearly articulate design intentions to a cross-discipline team
- Strong knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, Figma, and digital painting skills
- A portfolio that showcases high fidelity UI/Illustrations or Concept Art/Branding/App visual design/wireframes with a focus on accessibility
- A collaborative approach to communication: you are experienced in delivering clear, concise messages that are easily understood by all disciplines, as well as any external partners
What you'll gain:
Timbre aims to foster a workplace environment that empowers our team to do their best creative work. Below are a list of some of the benefits we offer to ensure you reach your full potential. As we continue to grow, we are co-creating more values-driven benefits to support our team.
• Competitive salary & comprehensive health benefits, including extended health, dental, vision, life and AD&D insurance, short / long-term disability, 24/7 counselling through an employee assistance program and a health spending account available to you from your first day
• Annual bonus & up to 5% RRSP matching available to you from your first day
• Flexible paid time off, plus holiday closure between Christmas and New Years, as well as National Day for Truth and Reconciliation
• Work with us in Vancouver or remotely across Canada, utilizing our $500 work from home allowance
• Yearly access to a game subscription of your choice, renewed on your work anniversary each year!
• My Pathway - a Career Development Program to provide a clear path for you to grow at Timbre
• 8 learning days per year and unlimited access to Udemy online courses
• A values driven culture with direct access to leadership
Timbre’s Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Timbre Games is located in beautiful Vancouver, BC, Canada and on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territories of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and Sel̓íl̓witulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations. Although our roots are in Vancouver, we work with a remote, distributed team across Canada. If you are interested in an opportunity at Timbre Games but are not presently residing in Canada, please note that we may be able to offer assistance in immigrating / relocating under the right conditions.
Timbre Games is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran’s status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation or any other category protected by law. We celebrate all backgrounds and attributes that make us unique and amazing - in this world and the ones we create!
At Timbre, we try to be mindful and not set unrealistic requirement expectations in order to apply. If you don’t tick all of the boxes of the role that you’re excited about, we encourage you to send your resume to our General Application inbox on our careers page
, or, follow Timbre on LinkedIn
to stay in touch with our newest openings.
Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If what we’ve shared above resonates with you, connect with us today!