Welcome to Timbre!
We are Timbre Games (part of the Sumo Digital Group), a new studio in Vancouver, Canada focused on making exciting, innovative game experiences. Timbre’s vision is to change the games industry through the original games we make, as well as how we make them. We’re building an inclusive, supportive culture that allows us to explore fresh, new (and sometimes weird) ideas. We’re searching for more visionary explorers to join our team of diverse voices, coming together to develop games that are accessible to a wide audience.
If you’re thinking about your next adventure, send us your resume to talk to our team about how you can add your voice to the games we’re working on.
Engineering at Timbre Games
An Engineer at Timbre games will focus on creative, innovative and technically sound work. Our engineering team is fully integrated with all areas of game development and collaborates both technically and creatively. Our studio focuses on Unreal Engine 5, pushing everything we do towards technical excellence. We are lifelong learners, leaning on both internal expertise and external inspiration to continue our path of growth and development. We have a keen eye for best practices and elegant code, and ensure knowledge sharing, and mentoring are a priority.
As the Lead Software Engineer - UI, you'll be driving technical excellence that sets our games apart. Your expertise in designing and implementing top-notch user interfaces will be the cornerstone of our players' unforgettable experiences. With your mastery of modern UI technologies and frameworks in the Unreal Engine, you'll ensure our games achieve an unrivaled level of responsiveness, accessibility, and visual brilliance.
Beyond your technical prowess, your impact will reverberate through the team culture. You'll foster an environment of innovation, encouraging every team member to explore their creative potential. By nurturing a collaborative and inclusive atmosphere, you'll empower all team members to share ideas, grow their skills, and embrace a passion for excellence.
As a Lead Software Engineer - UI at Timbre Games, you’ll:
- Lead and mentor a team of skilled UI engineers, fostering a culture of innovation, collaboration, and technical excellence.
- Collaborate closely with our UI/UX Designer to build UI systems for our games.
- Contribute to the UI architecture, developing reusable components and systems to streamline development processes.
- Collaborate with Production team to plan UI development milestones, timelines, and resource allocation.
- Collaborate with team members of various disciplines to review proposed features and develop those features from definition to testing, aligning UI elements with the overall game design and narrative.
- Write beautiful C++ code that is clean, clear, performant and aligns to coding best practices
What you bring:
- You are proficient in C++ programming and have experience with Unreal Engine's API for UI integration and customization.
- Expertise in Unreal Engine's UI systems, including UMG and Blueprints, with a deep understanding of their capabilities and limitations; experience with UI optimization and performance profiling tools to deliver smooth and responsive user experiences.
- Creator of Clarity: You excel at unraveling complexity and bringing clarity to UI challenges. You’re able to gather and organize feedback to rapidly prototype and iterate ideas through to production. You break down intricate ideas into actionable plans, and feel comfortable communicating with crystal-clear precision, ensuring seamless collaboration and a shared understanding of project goals.
- Visionary Explorer: You constantly adopt best practices in UI development and seek innovative solutions to elevate our UI experiences to new heights. With an unwavering curiosity, you delve into the forefront of Unreal Engine 5's capabilities, pioneering cutting-edge UI techniques.
- Diversity Champion: You recognize the inherent strength in embracing varied perspectives. Your leadership nurtures an environment where every team member feels valued, empowered, and encouraged to contribute their unique ideas.
- Pursuer of Fun: You possess an ability to infuse joy and excitement into every pixel of our UI creations. Your energy and enthusiasm inspire the entire team to embrace the spirit of playfulness and adventure in every aspect of game development, creating unforgettable player experiences.
What you'll gain:
Timbre aims to foster a workplace environment that empowers our team to do their best creative work. Below are a list of some of the benefits we offer to ensure you reach your full potential. As we continue to grow, we are co-creating more values-driven benefits to support our team.
• Competitive salary & comprehensive health benefits, including extended health, dental, vision, life and AD&D insurance, short / long-term disability, 24/7 counselling through an employee assistance program and a health spending account available to you from your first day
• Annual bonus & up to 5% RRSP matching available to you from your first day
• Flexible paid time off, plus holiday closure between Christmas and New Years, as well as National Day for Truth and Reconciliation
• Work with us in Vancouver or remotely across Canada, utilizing our $500 work from home allowance
• Yearly access to a game subscription of your choice, renewed on your work anniversary each year!
• My Pathway - a Career Development Program to provide a clear path for you to grow at Timbre
• 8 learning days per year and unlimited access to Udemy online courses
• A values driven culture with direct access to leadership
Timbre’s Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Timbre Games is located in beautiful Vancouver, BC, Canada and on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territories of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and Sel̓íl̓witulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations. Although our roots are in Vancouver, we work with a remote, distributed team across Canada. If you are interested in an opportunity at Timbre Games but are not presently residing in Canada, please note that we may be able to offer assistance in immigrating / relocating under the right conditions.
Timbre Games is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran’s status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation or any other category protected by law. We celebrate all backgrounds and attributes that make us unique and amazing - in this world and the ones we create!
At Timbre, we try to be mindful and not set unrealistic requirement expectations in order to apply. If you don’t tick all of the boxes of the role that you’re excited about, we encourage you to send your resume to our General Application inbox on our careers page
, or, follow Timbre on LinkedIn
to stay in touch with our newest openings.
Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If what we’ve shared above resonates with you, connect with us today!