This June, we loudly and proudly celebrated Pride Month at Sumo Digital while also acknowledging that there are still many ongoing issues and struggles that LGBTQ+ people face, both locally and globally, through discrimination and prejudice.
It is vital that we acknowledge that the games industry is far from perfect; however as a global organisation with people all over the world from all kinds of backgrounds, we know it’s part of our duty to provide everyone at Sumo with a safe, accepting and affirming working environment.
At Sumo Group, our company pillars are Family, Security, Trust, and Collaboration, all of which we believe mean embracing and supporting differences in genuine ways that impact the lives of our people and communities. Because of this, both publicly and behind the scenes, we’ve been making improvements:
• We’re striving to include and continually improve custom pronoun fields and provide education on how to model new pronoun uses.
• We’re enhancing how we collect data to better support our people who fall under the LGBTQ+ umbrella.
• We’re improving accessibility in facilities for all by introducing gender-neutral and single-stall bathrooms and changing spaces in as many Sumo Group studios as possible.
• We're offering trans awareness training for all of our people working within the Group.
• And we’re creating a transition in the workplace policy to support our trans people through exciting and life-changing times.
There’s still so much further to go, but we’re committed to making ongoing changes like these and many, many more to come.
We’re doing this together and we hope you’ll come along with us on this incredibly exciting journey.
As #Pride month ends, we continue to push forward with our commitments to our LGBTQ+ colleagues.— Sumo Digital (@SumoDigitalLtd) June 30, 2021
Whilst there’s still a long way to go, we’re continuing to improve, to create a safe and inclusive home for all.
Celebrating Pride. Every month. Every day.https://t.co/DouZwgvpGj pic.twitter.com/a0F9XXyc8x